Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I got fired!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Admin
Amy

I got fired!! Empty
PostSubject: I got fired!!   I got fired!! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:23 pm

Ok I just have to have a little sad vent.

For those of you who don't know, I do day care in my home. I've been doing it for almost 4 years, and it is seriously the hardest job I have ever had.

Things seem to be going fine, and then you have crazy drama with parents, and I just hate that part of it.

Anyway, I watch this 2 1/2 yr old little boy, who is really good and I really love him. However, is parents are idiots and they drive me crazy. ie. he is still on a bottle, they are late all the time, they drop him off whenever they feel like it, and never call if they are going to be late or early.

So last week his mom was being really weird to me, and the dad has been really quiet and kind of rude to me for the last couple of weeks, and I seriously have no idea why.
So the mom tells me tonight that they are going to take him to a different day care because they want a more structured enviornment that is more like pre-school. Which I totally understand, we did the same thing with our son when he was 3.

I wish I was more structured and had activities and stuff, but my age range is from 3 months to 5 years, so it's a little tough to plan activities with that range. Plus a lot of my kids are part time.....

I'm sorry this was the longest ever, and it is really for the best, but you know that feeling, when you just feel bad....and your not really sure why?
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

I got fired!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got fired!!   I got fired!! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Amy,

I am so sorry! I honestly have no idea how ANYONE takes care of other people's children. (And I was a Nanny for three years..... DOH!) Since I have had my own children I just can't do it anymore. I can barely tolerate my own nieces and nephews. SO... as far as "Structured Environments" are concerned. I say Structure Schmucture. If they want so darn much structure so their kids get "properly educated like a pre-school" then STAY HOME AND RAISE THEM YOURSELF!

Hmmm.... a little opinionated, I know. Personally, I would have been grateful to have had someone that LOVED my kids if I had had to work a lot when they were babies. I was lucky in that I had family that could help when I was doing a show or had to go out of town for a theatre/opera gig.

I would have to be on so many drugs to survive taking care of other people's kids... I don't know how you do it.

If I had a kid under 5 I would SO send them to you!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

I got fired!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got fired!!   I got fired!! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 7:39 am

Thank you so much Edye, I am on a lot of drugs, that is how I do it Very Happy

That is my opinion also, parents want so much from providers, that it becomes impossible and I totally feel like if you want all that, then stay home and do it yourself!!
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

I got fired!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got fired!!   I got fired!! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 1:54 pm

Question, Do they really know what they want?? I mean if they wanted more structure and a more preschool feel, they would have that boy off the bottle and be starting to get him ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

I got fired!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got fired!!   I got fired!! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Jellybean wrote:
Question, Do they really know what they want?? I mean if they wanted more structure and a more preschool feel, they would have that boy off the bottle and be starting to get him ready to go.

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

I got fired!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got fired!!   I got fired!! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 2:37 pm

Jellybean wrote:

Exactly!!! This will be his 3rd baby sitter! It sounds to me like, they get like a 1 year itch or something.

The thing is, the Dad is one of these guys that thinks he knows everything about everything, and is really critical of other people (the mom told me this). Which is interesting because he is dumb, and I love it when people underestimate my intelligence because I stay home. I have a degree and when I worked I probably made more than him. What a Jacka**!!
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

I got fired!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got fired!!   I got fired!! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 6:52 pm

Why is it the people that think they know everything about everything are usually complete nitwits without a sense of humor? Seriously!
If he knows so much, maybe he should watch him at home, but then do we really want him to be teh outstanding influence in his son's life like that...

AMY!! I think you rock. You can watch Deadliest catch with me and my chillins anytime!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

I got fired!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got fired!!   I got fired!! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 7:46 pm

No you rock!! and I would be honored to have a reality fest with you!

On another note, when the Mom came to pick this little boy up today, He was freaking out because he didn't want to leave. He was bawling, it was sweet!!! (for me that is, but sad for him)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I got fired!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got fired!!   I got fired!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I got fired!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Miscellaneous :: W for whateva!!-
Jump to: