Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has anyone ever been through a tornado before

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

Has anyone ever been through a tornado before Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:41 pm

I Have a tornado watch issued for Our area, And i just realized that i have never thought about what to do if there actually is one.. I know run to the tornado closet, But then what??
Back to top Go down
shawn
Admin
shawn

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before EmptyThu May 22, 2008 1:19 pm

Backup_Bella wrote:
I Have a tornado watch issued for Our area, And i just realized that i have never thought about what to do if there actually is one.. I know run to the tornado closet, But then what??

I've only been through one and it hit a few miles from my house, luckily. It tore up downtown Fort Worth. Anyway, I only had one kid at the time, and we don't have basements here in Texas. I took a bunch of pillows and blankets to the best interior closet along with a battery powered radio, my son, and my dogs. My grandmother always told me to go to the innermost closet or a bathtub and cover up with a mattress. Don't know how fast you can drag a mattress to the bathroom...or what good it would do you if the wind caught it. I think it was to protect yourself from falling debris. But, I've lived through umpteen hurricanes but never actually seen a tornado. They always just miss us. I do know that a tornado watch means the weather is favorable for one and a tornado warning means rotation has been spotted in the air or on the ground.

Now that I've gone on for so long, your tornado has probably already come and gone. Hope it passes you by.
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before EmptyThu May 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Note to self..
Clean junk out of Tornado Closet to make room for Humans!
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Just passed my first two tornado's with flying colors.. WOO HOO
Too bad we were hiding and didn't get to see them!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before EmptyThu May 22, 2008 10:20 pm

Backup_Bella wrote:
Note to self..
Clean junk out of Tornado Closet to make room for Humans!

ok, I know this is very serious, but that was really funny.

So, how bad were they? Any damage?
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before EmptyFri May 23, 2008 8:38 am

I probably wouldnt be havign fun if it was really destructive.. just a couple barns and trees (a precious commodity in wyoming)
It was fun to be hanging out in albertsons in the meat locker with other people eating cookies and stuff. LOL

THe kids thought it was just one big party. I had no idea that tornado's brought so much rain and hail and water with them.. i guess the plan for them is to tear your house down and then flood whats left.. ???

Crazy Crazy..
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:11 pm

that is totally crazy!! But I bet it sure broke up the monotony....sorry, I'm a loser.
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before EmptyFri May 23, 2008 1:18 pm

You are not a loser,, if i didn't have kids i'd probably chase them!

Looks like we might get some more today!!
*goes down stairs to start de junking the closet*
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before EmptyFri May 23, 2008 1:21 pm

Backup_Bella wrote:
You are not a loser,, if i didn't have kids i'd probably chase them!

Looks like we might get some more today!!
*goes down stairs to start de junking the closet*

Good luck!!! Be safe!!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:47 pm

We just got pics this am of the tornado that hit about 15 min from where our good friends live in Iowa...OME.... Crying or Very sad

Thank God they weren't hurt, but the pics are horrific....I am sure people are suffering there, soooo sad.....

SO HAPPY YOU WEREN"T HURT IN YOUR CLOSET!!!!! pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever been through a tornado before   Has anyone ever been through a tornado before Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever been through a tornado before
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Miscellaneous :: W for whateva!!-
Jump to: