Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The pain of being high maintenance

Go down 
+3
Amy
Stormie
areumylifenow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

The pain of being high maintenance Empty
PostSubject: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:36 pm

So, I admit it. I am very high maintenance. Ah Well! tongue

I like to get my hair and nails done, and I have a lengthy nighttime routine, I love being a girl...oh brother! geek

HOWEVER! I started to draw the line with the girl who is currently doing my nails as of late. It started to get longer and longer. At first it was an hour and a half, which I thought was excessive, then it stretched to 2 hours, then 2 and a half. NOW it is 3!!!!

That was that. I do not have 3 hours to get a fill....A FILL!!! Not a full set even! So, I am jumping up and down tonight bounce because I found a new place that is super quick!

It only took 40 min .....and they did the best nails I have had in a very long time. Perfect lines, and just gorgeous and even. queen

Same price for a full set but only half for a fill! YIPEE!!!! I would have paid way more just to free up 2 1/2 hours of my time.
Back to top Go down
Stormie

Stormie

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 7:48 pm

Suspect

My best friend is a Nail Technician, and I get refills from her once every three weeks! It has NEVER taken longer than an hour to get them done. If Sarah rushes she can do them in 40 mins, but it generally takes an hour because we go through a pot of coffee and talk too much!

To be honest, I think your beautician is taking the piss out of you! I hope she isn't charging you by the hour! affraid I would be kicking her ass too!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:00 pm

She charges the same price I paid today, but they are crap when she is done, even after taking that long. They are uneven in length, the lines are crooked, and they generally lift after only a couple of days. They just never look really finished. The girl today was busy, so she was hurrying, but they are PERFECT! I have never had them look this nice.

She did hurt me a bit taking off the old set. She said they had lifted so badly they couldn't be fixed. They were a brand new set only a week old! So she hurried to take them off, and I nearly leaped out of my skin. affraid

The girl that did them previously is new, and maybe a little over careful, and tries so hard that she is shockingly slow..... Sleep

I am a pushover too Rolling Eyes ...and I don't like to be ornery, but I just can't spend that kind of time now my kids are out of school for the summer.....ya know?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:27 pm

I really really love to have my nails done, but I can never find even an hour, before they are grown out too long, and I end up chewing them off myself. Embarassed

However, my new favorite thing is called sparkle toes...it is a new application of nail polish to your toes, that can last up to 8 weeks!!!! No chipping no repainting, I have had it for 2 weeks and they still look perfect.
Back to top Go down
shawn
Admin
shawn

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 4:22 pm

I guess I'm about as low maintenance as a girl can get. I don't have my nails done because I would just ruin them with my next art project and that would be a waste of money. Unless I've been doing a lot of projects, my nails stay long. Sometimes I put a clear coat on them. I keep my toenails nice since I wear flip flops year round. I even coordinate the polish color with the tattoo I have on the top of my foot Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:21 pm

shawn wrote:
I guess I'm about as low maintenance as a girl can get. I don't have my nails done because I would just ruin them with my next art project and that would be a waste of money. Unless I've been doing a lot of projects, my nails stay long. Sometimes I put a clear coat on them. I keep my toenails nice since I wear flip flops year round. I even coordinate the polish color with the tattoo I have on the top of my foot Very Happy.

Yeah!! Please share a pic of your tatoo!!!
Back to top Go down
Don'tforget2breathe

Don'tforget2breathe

Location : West Valley , Utah (Hooked on the Black dagger brotherhood)

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 1:24 am

wow 3 hrs that is insane ! affraid
I get my nails done at Walmart and i absolutely love it they are perfect and reasonably priced. I do keep them very short so alot of people assume they are my real nails and i just get them airbrushed with a french manicure
I am going to be getting my very 1st pedicure on sunday and i am very excited i think i might just go with a french manicure also i am pretty lame when it comes to color being so fair (esp standing next to my hubby i look like a photo negative ) pale
Shawn: I want to see your tatoo also
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistyloveslonnie
Stormie

Stormie

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 2:04 am

YEAH!! I wanna see the tattoo too!! I love tatts, I'm saving up for my first one now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shawn
Admin
shawn

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:15 am

Okay, I'll take a picture of it. But, I have to get my toenails done first. It's my first one (I got it last summer) and now I want a couple more of them. The problem is that every time I go to Hot Rods (that the tattoo place), my husband wants to get one too and his are expensive. That's why I only have one so far. I've got to leave him home next time!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:05 am

OK... give the info on the nail technician! Where is she!
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 12:48 pm

I missed you guys!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 6:23 pm

I have personally missed you deeply!! It was good to see you!
Back to top Go down
Don'tforget2breathe

Don'tforget2breathe

Location : West Valley , Utah (Hooked on the Black dagger brotherhood)

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 9:47 pm

speaking of high maintenance i had my very 1st pedicure today and can i just say i am hooked this is def something i will do on a monthly basis.. it felt so good ... and they look all pretty now ... Very Happy Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistyloveslonnie
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:35 pm

Edye, you are too far away to go to mine I think.....I go to the one around the corner from my house. Very Happy

But, if you are ever down this way!!!! bounce Amy, where do you get Sparkle Toes??? How cool is that! flower
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 1:46 pm

My cousin does my sparkle toes, she works in a salon not far from me. They are so cool!!! NO touch ups!!!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:24 pm

I am assuming it is straight acrylic on your toe nail, with some glitter in it??????
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Not exactly, it is colored acrylic, and some of it has glitter in it. It is a specific type of acrylic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The pain of being high maintenance   The pain of being high maintenance Empty

Back to top Go down

The pain of being high maintenance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Miscellaneous :: W for whateva!!-
Jump to: