Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Conference

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: General Conference   General Conference EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 10:54 am

So, if you are LDS and watched General Conference today, HOW FREAKING COOL WAS THAT ~ TO SUSTAIN OUR NEW PROPHET!!!!

....I was bawling my head off.....my kids were looking at me like I was insane..... geek
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 12:45 pm

I am a member of that freaky crying team. I wasn't there this morning because I gave up my seat in the choir for a new member who hasn't had the opportunity to sing for conference yet.

I will be there for both sessions tomorrow AND Music and the Spoken Word.

I loved the talks today and it felt SO AWESOME to participate in a solemn assembly. This is the first Solemn Assembly in the Conference Center. Every other one has happened in the Tabernacle so this was history in the making in more than one way!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 1:46 pm

I don't remember having them have each group (the 12, the 70, the other Priesthood members, the RS, the YM/YW, and everyone) each stand up on their own to sustain the new prophet for Pres. Hinckley, but then again, I was a senior in high school at that time and perhaps we didn't have access to the Saturday sessions through cable...geez, is my memory going already??? I was in the kitchen at the time trying to get Sage's (my toddler daughter) lunch ready so I was able to work really hard to control my emotions without any witnesses! But, yes, it was EXTREMELY emotional for me.
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Until President Hinckley was sustained in the solemn assembly it was only the priesthood holders included in this. He was the first to include ALL baptized members in the sustaining.
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 5:42 pm

What a cool opportunity to be a part of it!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:12 pm

bite-me-edward wrote:
What a cool opportunity to be a part of it!

TOTALLY AGREE!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:27 pm

OMH!! It was very cool, and it was such a great teaching opportunity.

Our oldest son just turned 8 so he thought that was pretty cool.

I was also a senior in high school and I remember there being a lot of talk about historic it was but I'm embarrased to say I don't remember it either. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Location : Bwahahaha.....fairly certain I could handle any cookies served up!!!! he he he!

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Edye wrote:
I am a member of that freaky crying team. I wasn't there this morning because I gave up my seat in the choir for a new member who hasn't had the opportunity to sing for conference yet.

I will be there for both sessions tomorrow AND Music and the Spoken Word.

I loved the talks today and it felt SO AWESOME to participate in a solemn assembly. This is the first Solemn Assembly in the Conference Center. Every other one has happened in the Tabernacle so this was history in the making in more than one way!

Edye.....you are a freakin' saint! The more I get to know you...the more impressed I am with you! I canNOT believe that you gave up your seat at the solemn assembly! You are absolutely fabulous! I LOVE you!!!! and will be watching for you tomorrow!

It was AWESOME to be involved in the whole experience! My youngest 2 didn't have a clue what was going on...but my oldest two thought it was pretty cool! At first they thought it was kind of strange when we stood up -- but by the time it got to be their turn...they thought it was pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
https://stupidlambs.forumotion.com
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:24 pm

I thought the Sunday sessions were unreal...spent most of the morning in tears....How cool is Susan Tanner! AHH!

and Pres. Monsons talk at the end of the afternoon session...so sweet! UGH! What a great day...now we are going to do FHE tonight and have everyone write their thoughts of Conference in their journals....
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:39 pm

The second session of conference yesterday was awesome. I had to "stay strong" and keep those tears at bay!!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 1:03 pm

bite-me-edward wrote:
The second session of conference yesterday was awesome. I had to "stay strong" and keep those tears at bay!!

Not me...bawling like a faucet.....ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 2:53 pm

NOt me, either. Try NOT crying when you have to SING!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Conference Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Conference   General Conference Empty

Back to top Go down

General Conference
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Miscellaneous :: W for whateva!!-
Jump to: