Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats Empty
PostSubject: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 4:22 pm

So, I am coming clean on being a snack junkie!

I love salty, sweet and chocolate, in no particular order! BRING 'EM ON!!!

Thus, my strict diet is killing me...and grating on my last nerve....

Here are a list of things that get me through! First here are some great tips....

First! Don't eat fruit past lunch....it is a complex carb and if you aren't planning on working out in the afternoon or evening, it will just get stored as fat. WHO KNEW?
Second - Eat your proteins after you work out to rebuild muscle, and eat carbs through the day.

K - so here ya go!

Skinny Cows - The big boxes at Costco are the way to go.
Twizzlers! - You can have 4...and it is only like 1 point or something crazy!
Gum - I swear by sugar free gum now, and always keep a pack in my purse. It helps when I need a sugar fix and don't have any cals left.
100 Calorie Packs - These are a gift from the gods! If you just can't take it anymore grab a pack. They make just about everything in these little snack sizes now, even Hostess cupcakes!
Curve Bars - These are really great tasting and not bad on cals
Raw Almonds - A handful of almonds is very satisfying and is a great source of protein, it will give you a boost to get you through to dinner.
Hummus and Veggies - 2 Tblsp is a nice size serving and a little plate of raw veggies is a fab snack if you are craving something salty and savory.
Protein shakes - I recommend getting some of these. Whether you like Muscle Milk or the EAS shakes, either are fine. 24 Hr fitness sells a great tasting line called APEX, which are very good. Add a drop of peppermint extract and 1 tblsp of chocolate syrup and it is still really low.....
you have a great meal replacement + you get a little chocolate fix.
Wheat Thins, Reduced Fat - 18 crackers is a serving, and when you want salt they are nice.
Home made bran muffins - These are a wonderful low fat snack for mid afternoon lows. I have a great recipie, email me if you want it!
Pretzel sticks - 40 is a serving! You can't believe how many that is.
Popcorn - Buy the smart pop, or ones that have low butter....you can eat soooo much!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST! If you must have a chocolate fix, buy a bag of the mini size bars and have one...just don't eat the whole bag! Three Musketeers are the best for cals and fat.

My tip for going to the movies and surviving. Buy popcorn with no butter and just a little salt....then get a cup of water, with a lid, and put in a straw....you would be surprised what being able to put a straw in your mouth does...it is kind of an oral fixation for me....so even though it isn't soda..just being able to chew on the straw and sip something somehow works!

So, there ya go, hope it helps! bounce
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 4:48 pm

I LOVE YOU MORE THAN MY LUGGAGE!!!!!

I REALLY need that bran muffin recipe. Right now would be GREAT! lol!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:29 pm

DONE! I will send it over in an email.......

THAT MUST BE SOME GREAT LUGGAGE MISSIE!!!

bwahahahahahaha..... rotfl...... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:44 pm

So here are a couple more of my favorite things!

Salad Spritzers! OM GOSH!!! These will save soooo many calories you have no idea....compare 1 tblsp of ranch 120ish cals to 10 sprays of Tuscan Italian 26 cals! I have 3 or 4 different kinds...just to spice it up...come on, there's not much spice in my life right now!.....

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Spray! WOW....this is great stuff! Zero, everything.
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:36 pm

I really like ice cream and popsicles, and there are these Philly Swirl Fudge Swirl Stix fudge pops that are only 57 calories each! BOOYAH!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 3:14 pm

SAWEEEEEEEEET! Where do you get them, like anywhere? I will totally have to look for them!!!!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:56 pm

areumylifenow wrote:
SAWEEEEEEEEET! Where do you get them, like anywhere? I will totally have to look for them!!!!

I'm not sure what food stores you have where you live, but I can get them at Bloom and Shoppers here in VA. Here is a link to their store locator: http://www.phillyswirl.com/aboutus/dist.cfm

I love 'em! In fact, I bought another box of them today. This 80 degree weather inspired me to go get some more!!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:25 pm

You SUCK! 80 degrees....how would it be....I just put on a sweater......brrrrrrr santa
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:37 pm

Well, it is supposed to go back down to the 50's or 60's in a couple of days. I will be hating life when summer hits and we are dripping in humidity and heat!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Hey, we're supposed to hit 70-80 on MONDAY! (but, we are supposed to get more snow mixed with rain around the 24th.)
Back to top Go down
dawn33

dawn33

Location : Getting familiar with all the Dark Hunters...mmmm. :)

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:05 pm

Edye wrote:
(but, we are supposed to get more snow mixed with rain around the 24th.)

Ewww...ick!!! I'm glad I'm going on vacation the 25th!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wendytwo
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm a real butter person.. but that butter spray stuff is AWESOME>.
just doesn't bake well!
Back to top Go down
dawn33

dawn33

Location : Getting familiar with all the Dark Hunters...mmmm. :)

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:08 pm

Jellybean wrote:
I'm a real butter person.. but that butter spray stuff is AWESOME>.
just doesn't bake well!

Oh...ya, back to healthy food stuff... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wendytwo
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 10:16 pm

K so I found that Swedish Fish are not that bad! You can have 7!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

(I know you are all laughing Laughing ...yah wahoo 7 whole enormous swedish fish....)

but listen....they are pretty big compared to gummy bears, so eating 7 is awesome......hee hee!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 8:32 am

I found a low fat bagel!!! cheers

This has been a quest of mine for sometime now. I found them at Walmart by the cream cheese and yogurt. They need to be refridgerated I guess. They are only 110 calories! WW also makes individual cream cheeses! So, with a bagel and cream cheese, you only get a whopping 170 calories! cheers

Tack on some skim milk and a low fat yogurt and you have a fantastic breakfast!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 6:32 pm

OH. MY. GOODNESS! I am THERE!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:30 pm

That was my breaky this morning, and it was delicious.....the other yummmy yummy breakfast I invented was my omelet!

You use 1 egg white and an egg, and beat them. Then use PAM or a cooking spray and spray your pan. Add the egg, and let it set up. Once it is just set add very thin slices of good cheese, not the fake, wrapped slice crap....I am talking cheese slicer thin slices, maybe two. Then you can have a TBLSP of Real Bacon Bits, on top of the cheese. Fold it over and there ya go!

WAY LOW FAT and Cals....and SOOOO delicious! When I worked up the cals for this it was like 150. cheers
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 5:17 pm

**drying tears** I can't eat bacon at all... but I could put something else in there.... I must ponder this ....
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:32 pm

So...I read that you can find these low fat waffle cookies....that are supposed to be like 30 calories. It has been my quest, but I am not finding them.

I am onto the internet now.

I am searching because I found this recipe that calls for them, layered with no fat cool whip, and the jello dark chocolate raspberry pudding...(only 60 calories)! Yes, it is totally decadent....and my fridge is full of it! hee hee!

So, the whole dessert is like 90 calories or something! When I find them, I will let you know!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:36 pm

AHHHH! I found them! Pizzelle Italian Cookies, available in Utah at Costco....and since I am going there tomorrow, I will look for them!

YIPEE!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyWed May 07, 2008 6:02 am

I actually make these! I have a pizzelle iron and everything! IT is great fun! I am pretty sure my recipe is a little more calories, however. MINE ARE BETTER!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats EmptyWed May 28, 2008 10:38 pm

Edye wrote:
I actually make these! I have a pizzelle iron and everything! IT is great fun! I am pretty sure my recipe is a little more calories, however. MINE ARE BETTER!

I will pay you good money for some!!! I don't care how fattening they are.....

SEND PIZELLE'S NOW!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats   Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats Empty

Back to top Go down

Low Fat & Cal Yummy treats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Special interests :: Nutrition and staying in Edward-licious shape!!!-
Jump to: