Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm trying...and it's working!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Admin
Amy

I'm trying...and it's working! Empty
PostSubject: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 8:31 pm

So I posted on a different thread that I am taking Phentermine to help with my weight loss.

I "had" about 100 lbs to lose!!! I hate actually seing that number, but oh well.

Anyway, the medicine helps with appetite control, and it is supposed to change your metabolic pathways. I am of course including a healthy diet, and not really exercising, (on account of the cracked fibula), other than chasing after day care kids all week.

But to make a long story longer. I'm 3 weeks in to using it and have lost 12 lbs. Which I am super excited about.

Only 88 lbs to go. Woo Hoo!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 11:31 pm

WOO HOO!!!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 5:34 am

SSAAAAWWWEEEEEET! You Go Girl!
Back to top Go down
dawn33

dawn33

Location : Getting familiar with all the Dark Hunters...mmmm. :)

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 11:32 am

Yay, Amy!!! Congratulations!!!

I love to hear weightloss success stories!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wendytwo
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 10:05 pm

bounce WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 7:47 pm

OK so I am sad. I can't take this medication to help me lose weight because EVERY OTHER MEDICATION I AM ON is a MAJOR drug-drug interaction problem. Dang.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 8:18 pm

Oh Maaaannnnn, that bites sista!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:14 pm

It truly does bite... just not the way I WANNA be bit! Dammit!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:49 am

Listen....the old fashioned way is more work, but you will get good results! Fat is fat and will come off with diet and exercise! I heard the saddest thing on the weekend. My SIL's dad was told that because he is so overweight, and has Diabetes now, which is getting worse, his doctor warned he either starts losing weight immediately or they will have to amputate his feet very soon.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Don't get discouraged....I am cheering for ya! cheers
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:32 am

areumylifenow wrote:
Listen....the old fashioned way is more work, but you will get good results! Fat is fat and will come off with diet and exercise! I heard the saddest thing on the weekend. My SIL's dad was told that because he is so overweight, and has Diabetes now, which is getting worse, his doctor warned he either starts losing weight immediately or they will have to amputate his feet very soon.

YOU CAN DO IT!

Don't get discouraged....I am cheering for ya! cheers

That is very sad about your SIL dad.

And I totally agree that fat is fat and with exercise and diet, it can come off. But when you have 100 lbs or more too lose it is really nice to have something to get things rolling, so that you don't get discouraged. If you have never had more than 20 or 30 lbs to lose it is a totally different ball game.
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 1:05 pm

Amen, Sista!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 2:27 pm

Oh, I agree....but where Edye can't take that drug...I just didn't want her to think it was impossible to do without drugs.....

There is a woman that has joined my gym and she is unreal. She is very overweight, and I get so choked up when I see her trudging away, trying! She is amazing...and I wish I had the guts to go and tell her how absolutely inspiring she is to me.

It takes HUGE ...(well, not cahonies since she is a woman, but you know what I mean)...amounts of courage to walk into the meat market that I go to. To not be so totally self conscious....that you don't just run back out the way you came.

She is amazing to me....
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 1:56 pm

areumylifenow wrote:
Oh, I agree....but where Edye can't take that drug...I just didn't want her to think it was impossible to do without drugs.....

There is a woman that has joined my gym and she is unreal. She is very overweight, and I get so choked up when I see her trudging away, trying! She is amazing...and I wish I had the guts to go and tell her how absolutely inspiring she is to me.

It takes HUGE ...(well, not cahonies since she is a woman, but you know what I mean)...amounts of courage to walk into the meat market that I go to. To not be so totally self conscious....that you don't just run back out the way you came.

She is amazing to me....

Huge Ovaries!! that's the only comparison th Cahonies that i can think of!!

She is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 5:10 pm

**Thinking while rubbing chin**

Hmmm, if I had my ovaries removed how much weight could I lose???
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 6:55 pm

And i think you should grow a pair of overies and find a tactful way to make her feel at home.. I don't go to the gym for that reason that i don't want to feel like the morbidly obese person there with all the pretty people!!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 6:12 am

Jellybean wrote:
And i think you should grow a pair of overies and find a tactful way to make her feel at home.. I don't go to the gym for that reason that i don't want to feel like the morbidly obese person there with all the pretty people!!

Jellybean,

I love you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm trying...and it's working!   I'm trying...and it's working! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm trying...and it's working!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Special interests :: Nutrition and staying in Edward-licious shape!!!-
Jump to: