Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was there enough conflict for you

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Location : Bwahahaha.....fairly certain I could handle any cookies served up!!!! he he he!

Was there enough conflict for you Empty
PostSubject: Was there enough conflict for you   Was there enough conflict for you EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:46 pm

O.k....so Amy and I were discussing an article that was comparing SM with JK Rowling...it talked about how SM makes a straight line to where she is going....she has an idea in mind and she gets right to the point. Does that make sense? I obviously can't say it as well as they do.....so this is my question.....

There was definitely plenty of drama and conflict in the book....was there enough, not enough or too much for you? I kept expecting more at the end....I thought for sure there would be more drama with the seeker and there would be more fighting. I kept expecting it and then it ended so nice and easy.

For me.....I LOVED it! There obviously had to be conflict as Edye pointed out as much of the booked is based on there being an opposite to all things but at the end when I kept expecting more snags to arise and they didn't.....it was nice and refreshing and I really enjoyed it. Any thoughts on this????? Did anyone else expect more problems at the end???
Back to top Go down
https://stupidlambs.forumotion.com
dawn33

dawn33

Location : Getting familiar with all the Dark Hunters...mmmm. :)

PostSubject: Re: Was there enough conflict for you   Was there enough conflict for you EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:05 pm

I really enjoyed this book. Especially since I'm not a reader.
The conflict and angst were just fine. I've even seen people complain about the violence, but that's for
a different segment...anyhoo...

The one thing I was hoping for more huggin' & kissin' and stuff.
I don't need graphic sex or love scenes, not that I'm against those, but;
here's an example...pg 615,
"And then he kissed me in the most un platonic way possible under the crowded cirumstances,"

Come on...REALLY! Is that ALL! UGH!! Sad

Just a little more description, and little more of the lovin'. PLLLEEEAAASSSSSE!
bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wendytwo
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Was there enough conflict for you   Was there enough conflict for you EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:34 am

I loved the relief given at the end of the book. I REALLY wanted to see more of what Wanda was like in her new host - there is another book just with THAT! THat being said, it was such a relief to me that there was ONE thing that went smoothly for them that I didn't miss the conflict there so much.
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: Was there enough conflict for you   Was there enough conflict for you EmptySun May 18, 2008 3:35 pm

I was a wee bit weirded out by the choice of "host" for Wanda after they removed her from Mel. I didn't like the idea of them putting her in some 16 year old and her love affair with Ian continuing on...I felt like she was a child at that point hooking up with a man. I know she will age, and it won't be as creepy, but that part just was a little weird for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was there enough conflict for you   Was there enough conflict for you Empty

Back to top Go down

Was there enough conflict for you
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: The Host :: The book-
Jump to: