Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great Exercises!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

Great Exercises! Empty
PostSubject: Great Exercises!   Great Exercises! EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:27 am

So, since I do teach a class and I have learned a ton, I thought I would pass on some of what I know to you!

Cardio is great combined with resistance training. You should alternate the parts of your body that you are working every other day. So, say you work on your legs one day, skip a day and do Abs the next, and then back to legs. Give your muscles time to recover.

As far as cardio and buring fat, what I have learned is that the first 30 min of exercise burns through your 'fat wall' for the day. Which means, it doesn't touch the residual fat layer...it only burns the calories you ate today. So, you therefore have to exercise more than 30 min. AND, you must work out at your target heart rate, or you are wasting your time. I will look that up or you can find how to calculate that on the internet. The longer you can go past 30 min, will get you better results!

Start with walking on a treadmill. I also learned that walking at 4.0 with an incline of 1.0 is just as effective as running and not as hard on the knees!

(However, walk at the pace that puts you in your target heart range.)

Add resistance training! The more muscle you build the more calories you will burn even resting. So, if you go to a gym, learn to use some of the machines. If you are at home, use your own body weight! Try push ups on the wall, or girl pushups. Use cans of soup for weights and always do 3 sets of 12 reps.

If you have or can get a large pilates ball, they aren't expensive, it is a great way to do crunches, without having to get on the floor, and adding the balance aspect, you use more muscles!

Do squats, keeping your back straight, bend your knees, and come back up. You can do these with your feet together or shoulder width apart. Same sets and reps.
Jumping jacks are great! Same sets and reps.

Use a stair case to do step ups! Stand at the bottom and put one leg up on the stair with both arms raised above your head. Pull yourself up over the step~raising up the opposite knee in the air and pulling down your hands to the waist and then step down the knee that was in the air, arms go back above your head. NOW do the opposite leg. Repeat for 25 reps.

Once you get strong enough, try skipping! Just remember, muscles confusion. Your body will grow accustomed to the exercise and then you will plateau and stop losing weight. Keep it mixed up! Ride a bike, try the elliptical, do different things all the time, so that you are constantly keeping those muscles guessing!

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

Great Exercises! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Exercises!   Great Exercises! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 9:04 pm

Lunges baby!! Walk across your house or living room or down the sidewalk now the weather is nice....

Your own body weight is good for resistance at first, but if you feel stronger and want to push yourself hold weights in each hand start with 5lbs, and work up!

Then do some jumps! Squat really low, as low as you can anyways, and then powerfully leap up in the air....returning down and into that squat. Keep the momentum going, try not to stop and start with 10 reps...working up to 20 power jumps!

You will have the sexiest behind....mmm.. mmmm... mmm...
your boo's will be loving you.... Wink
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

Great Exercises! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Exercises!   Great Exercises! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 4:46 pm

Muscle confusion! Keep changing up the exercises you are doing. I do a week of each cardio thing I choose. Whether it is bikes, or walking, or running, or eliptical, or rowing....only do it for a week. Your body will get used to it, and then you will plateau.

So, keep those muscles guessing! I am back to stair climbing this week....my absolute worst....I sweat to death...can't walk, and that is PERFECT!
Did you know that you burn more calories when you are sore, as it takes more energy to repair muscle!!! So feeling sore the next day is a
GREAT THING!!!

I am at the point now, where it is very hard for me to get sore...and that is so frustrating to me and my trainer.....grrrrr....I have to almost kill myself to get sore. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
PheonixFire

PheonixFire

Location : A round rubber room? All I remember is the name Alice...

Great Exercises! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Exercises!   Great Exercises! EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 9:55 pm

This is some great info. Thanks!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~emmapheonix
Sponsored content

Great Exercises! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Exercises!   Great Exercises! Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Exercises!
Page 1 of 1