Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't waste your money

Go down 
+6
Rubi
shawn
Backup_Bella
Edye
Don'tforget2breathe
Amy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Admin
Amy

Don't waste your money Empty
PostSubject: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyWed May 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Ok, so I am starting this thread so that we can post things that we have purchased that have not worked, and why. So that the rest of us don't waste our money.

So, I guess I'll go first.

Product: Nair Shower Power
Claim: You can put the Nair on and it will stay on while you shower and then you just wipe the hair away with a little sponge.
Cost: Around $7.00 I think

Actual Scientific test!
So I only did one leg so I could compare. Easy directions, I used the "green" side of the sponge to wipe the cream on my leg, wait at least 1 minute before getting in the shower, and at least 2 minutes after getting in to wipe it away, not to exceed 10 minutes. Easy enough.
Ok, so it came off the back of my leg while showering, and then you use the "white nubby" side of the sponge to gently rub off the cream and hair and in my case the top layer of protective skin.
The sponge is like a freaking pumice stone. It kindof took the hair off, but my leg is ON FIRE!!!!! affraid
And.... I still had to shave that leg..... my leg feels like I just dry shaved with the dullest, most rusty disposable razor I could find.

I will try again in a couple of days since I was in a hurry, when the hair is less thick, but for now, don't waste your money, I already did.
Back to top Go down
Don'tforget2breathe

Don'tforget2breathe

Location : West Valley , Utah (Hooked on the Black dagger brotherhood)

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Amy wrote:
Ok, so I am starting this thread so that we can post things that we have purchased that have not worked, and why. So that the rest of us don't waste our money.

So, I guess I'll go first.

Product: Nair Shower Power
Claim: You can put the Nair on and it will stay on while you shower and then you just wipe the hair away with a little sponge.
Cost: Around $7.00 I think

Actual Scientific test!
So I only did one leg so I could compare. Easy directions, I used the "green" side of the sponge to wipe the cream on my leg, wait at least 1 minute before getting in the shower, and at least 2 minutes after getting in to wipe it away, not to exceed 10 minutes. Easy enough.
Ok, so it came off the back of my leg while showering, and then you use the "white nubby" side of the sponge to gently rub off the cream and hair and in my case the top layer of protective skin.
The sponge is like a freaking pumice stone. It kindof took the hair off, but my leg is ON FIRE!!!!! affraid
And.... I still had to shave that leg..... my leg feels like I just dry shaved with the dullest, most rusty disposable razor I could find.

I will try again in a couple of days since I was in a hurry, when the hair is less thick, but for now, don't waste your money, I already did.
OOOOOUUUCCCCHHHHH
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistyloveslonnie
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyWed May 07, 2008 7:47 pm

Oh Yes, my friend, and in one spot it still hurts and this was like 6 hours ago, and there is a rash, NICE!!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyThu May 08, 2008 8:12 am

Holy cow! I actually looked at the stuff last night and didn't buy it.... I am so glad I didn't! Ewwww
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:01 am

Does it still have the terrible smells that the original stuff does/??
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyFri May 09, 2008 10:27 am

Jellybean wrote:
Does it still have the terrible smells that the original stuff does/??

It's not quite as bad as the old stuff, but it still kindof smelled like I poured perm solution on my leg.

Also, there are two spots on my leg where I had to go back and shave and they have this nasty rash!!! Still!!!!
Back to top Go down
shawn
Admin
shawn

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyFri May 09, 2008 9:55 pm

This reminds me of a hilarious email I got a few weeks ago. It's called Waxing 101. Has anyone else read it?
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptySat May 10, 2008 10:30 am

Post it.. I so need my eyebrows waxed!
Back to top Go down
shawn
Admin
shawn

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptySat May 10, 2008 1:55 pm

Ok. Here it is:

All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal - The Epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now...the wax. Read on.........

My night began as any other normal weeknight. Come home, fix dinner, play with the kids. I then had the thought that would ring painfully in my mind for the next few hours: "Maybe I should pull the waxing kit out of the medicine cabinet."

So I headed to the site of my demise: the bathroom. It was one of those "cold wax" kits. No melting a clump of hot wax, you just rub the strips together in your hand, they get warm and you peel them apart and press them to your leg (or wherever else) and you pull the hair right off.

No muss, no fuss. How hard can it be? I mean, I'm not a genius, but I am mechanically inclined enough to figure this out. (YA THINK!?!)
So I pull one of the thin strips out. Its two strips facing each other stuck together. Instead of rubbing them together, my genius kicks in so I get out the hair dryer and heat it to 1000 degrees. ("Cold wax," yeah...right!) I lay the strip across my thigh. Hold the skin around it tight and pull. It works!

OK, so it wasn't the best feeling, but it wasn't too bad. I can do this! Hair removal no longer eludes me! I am She-rah, fighter of all wayward body hair and maker of smooth skin extraordinaire.

With my next wax strip I move north. After checking on the kids, I sneak back into the bathroom, for the ultimate hair fighting championship. I drop my panties and place one foot on the toilet.

Using the same procedure, I apply the wax strip across the right side of my bikini line, covering the right half of my hoo-ha and stretching down to the inside of my butt cheek (it was a long strip).

I inhale deeply and brace myself....RRRRIIIPPP!!!!

I'm blind!!! Blinded from pain!!!!....OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!

Vision returning, I notice that I've only managed to pull off half the strip. CRAP! Another deep breath and RIPP! Everything is spinning and spotted.

I think I may pass out...must stay conscious...must stay conscious. Do I hear crashing drums??? Breathe, breathe...
OK, back to normal.

I want to see my trophy - a wax covered strip, the one that has caused me so much pain, with my hairy pelt sticking to it. I want to revel in the glory that is my triumph over body hair. I hold up the strip!

There's no hair on it. Where is the hair??? WHERE IS THE WAX???

Slowly I ease my head down, foot still perched on the toilet. I see the hair. The hair that should be on the strip...it's not! I touch...

I am touching wax!!

I run my fingers over the most sensitive part of my body, which is now covered in cold wax and matted hair. Then I make the next BIG mistake...remember my foot is still propped upon the toilet? I know I need to do something. So I put my foot down.

Sealed shut! My butt is sealed shut. Sealed shut!

I penguin walk around the bathroom trying to figure out what to do and think to myself "Please don't let me get the urge to poop. My head may pop off!" What can I do to melt the wax?

Hot water!! Hot water melts wax!! I'll run the hottest water I can stand into the bathtub, get in, immerse the wax-covered bits and the wax should melt and I can gently wipe it off, right???

*WRONG!!!!!!!*

I get in the tub - the water is slightly hotter than that used to torture prisoners of war or sterilize surgical equipment - I sit.

Now, the only thing worse than having your nether regions glued together, is having them glued together and then glued to the bottom of the tub...in scalding hot water. Which, by the way, doesn't melt cold wax.

So, now I'm stuck to the bottom of the tub as though I had cemented myself to the porcelain!! God bless the man who had convinced me a few months ago to have a phone put in the bathroom!!!!!

I call my friend, thinking surely she has waxed before and has some secret of how to get me undone. It's a very good conversation starter "So, my butt and hoo-ha are glued together to the bottom of the tub!"

There is a slight pause. She doesn't know any secret tricks for removal but she does try to hide her laughter from me. She wants to know exactly where the wax is located, "Are we talking cheeks or hole or hoo-ha?"

She's laughing out loud by now...I can hear her. I give her the rundown and she suggests I call the number on the side of the box.

YEAH!!!!! Right!! I should be the joke of someone else's night. While we go through various solutions. I resort to trying to scrape the wax off with a razor Nothing feels better than to have your girlie goodies covered in hot wax, glued shut, stuck to the tub in super hot water and then dry-shaving the sticky wax off!! By now the brain is not working, dignity has taken a major hike and I'm pretty sure I'm going to need Post-Traumatic Stress counseling for this event.

My friend is still talking with me when I finally see my saving grace....the lotion they give you to remove the excess wax.

What do I really have to lose at this point? I rub some on and... OH MY GAWD!!!!!!! The scream probably woke the kids and scared the dickens out of my friend It's sooo painful, but I really don't care. "IT WORKS!!"

"It works!!" I get a hearty congratulation from my friend and she hangs up. I successfully remove the remainder of the wax and then notice to my grief and despair...THE HAIR IS STILL HERE.......ALL OF IT!

So I recklessly shave it off. Heck, I'm numb by now. Nothing hurts.

I could have amputated my own leg at this point.

Next week I'm going to try hair color......
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptySat May 10, 2008 3:07 pm

lol! lol! I have watering eyes from laughing..
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyMon May 12, 2008 9:51 am

Oh my gosh!!!! I have read that before and I was totally thinking about this as I was burning my skin off my legs.
Back to top Go down
Don'tforget2breathe

Don'tforget2breathe

Location : West Valley , Utah (Hooked on the Black dagger brotherhood)

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:14 am

lol! lol! lol!
Ome That is hillarious ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistyloveslonnie
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyMon May 12, 2008 12:42 pm

OH. My. GOSH!

I can't even begin to tell you how hard I am laughing right now. The worst part is that I have to pee like a race horse and can't go because my second grade is working on their project right now.

OH MY I NEED TO PEE!
Back to top Go down
Rubi

Rubi

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyMon May 19, 2008 10:28 pm

My girlfriend sent me that a while back, and I laughed so hard, I cried, then read it out loud to my hubby and we were both in stiches!
So, my solution is Laser Hair Removal. It stings a bit, and then, lucky me, I seem to have an allergic reaction to it for a couple of days, but I'm am fast becoming the naked mole rat! I started with my armpits and bikini line, now my legs are getting done. It's addicting, and so worth the rash! affraid I have to benadryl up before I go, so I need a driver to take me, then I have to keep up Claritin or Benadryl for the next couple of days. I'm a mess, I know! Everyone I know that's done it has loved it. No one else that has done it reacts like I do to it. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytulipgarden.com
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyTue May 20, 2008 7:21 am

I would totally be up for laser hair removal, damn the side effects.
Back to top Go down
Rubi

Rubi

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyTue May 20, 2008 10:06 am

SOOOOO worth it!
A few more sessions and it's over...FOREVER!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
TwilightTara

TwilightTara

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyTue May 20, 2008 2:35 pm

OMG! lol! I am laughing so hard! I get my legs waxed every once in a while but for the most part I am old fashioned and I just shave. This story reminds me of the one time I tried to get a bikini wax, I got half way through and made the lady stop, the pain was too much and she said my screams were disturbing the other customers! affraid I never did that again, I looked pretty dumb for a while!LOL
Back to top Go down
http://tjones-thejonesblog.blogspot.com/
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:15 pm

TwilightTara wrote:
OMG! lol! I am laughing so hard! I get my legs waxed every once in a while but for the most part I am old fashioned and I just shave. This story reminds me of the one time I tried to get a bikini wax, I got half way through and made the lady stop, the pain was too much and she said my screams were disturbing the other customers! affraid I never did that again, I looked pretty dumb for a while!LOL
K that just totally cracked me up, I'm just picturing half a bikini wax and I can't handle it!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyWed May 21, 2008 9:36 pm

Backup_Bella wrote:
lol! lol! I have watering eyes from laughing..

oh my gosh.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I am crying/laughing so hard.....sorry honey, that totally sucked, but your reaction has had me in stitches..... HAHAHAHAHA! Laughing Laughing Laughing

OK!!! So, money you can spend and be HAPPY!

I am addicted to Jergens Natural Glow Tanning Lotion. It WORKS! It gives you the nicest, non-orange tan. I am so happy with it! My husband loved it so much, he started using it....(can I post pics of him on the hotties page??? yummmmm)

The Jergen's Rapid Natural Glow, works AMAZINGLY WELL and super fast too! We are heading to Vegas this weekend and swimming and didn't want to look like white hicks, and now we look pretty dang hot....(if I do say so myself..he he!)
Back to top Go down
shawn
Admin
shawn

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 12:41 pm

My kids wanted a Pancake Puff Pan so I could make treats like they've seen on TV. I finally bought one. It is okay, but it is almost impossible to turn the puffs with the sticks they give you, and the pan is much smaller than it looks. Also, it is really easy to burn the puffs. I wouldn't pay full price for the pan, but my kids like the puffs (even if they are a little misshappen), and I still haven't discovered an easy way to turn the things.
Back to top Go down
Rubi

Rubi

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:28 am

Pancake Puffs! I saw a "pancake puff" pan at Harmons, and bought it for my little girl for her birthday! She announced to me the night before that's what she wanted, and with shipping and such, there was obviously no way it would make it the next day! Anyway, took a trip to the groc store and there it was! I got her pancake mix and some shiskabob (sp?) sticks and she LOVES it! My oldest (11) is the only one that has the turning and the non-burning down. My baby (2) comes in when he sees the commercial and thinks you should get up immediately and make them for him! I have 4 kids, and although I've had major frustrations with the thing, they have LOVED it!
Be sure to spray with Pam, keep the temp more on the low side, and then wait until the first side is really done before turning...also poke around the edges with your stick before turning. Good luck...the things we do for our kids! Oh, by the way, they (not me!) made omeletts in them the other day! They were these funny little egg balls! Tee Hee!
Back to top Go down
shawn
Admin
shawn

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 1:07 pm

Rubi wrote:
Pancake Puffs! I saw a "pancake puff" pan at Harmons, and bought it for my little girl for her birthday! She announced to me the night before that's what she wanted, and with shipping and such, there was obviously no way it would make it the next day! Anyway, took a trip to the groc store and there it was! I got her pancake mix and some shiskabob (sp?) sticks and she LOVES it! My oldest (11) is the only one that has the turning and the non-burning down. My baby (2) comes in when he sees the commercial and thinks you should get up immediately and make them for him! I have 4 kids, and although I've had major frustrations with the thing, they have LOVED it!
Be sure to spray with Pam, keep the temp more on the low side, and then wait until the first side is really done before turning...also poke around the edges with your stick before turning. Good luck...the things we do for our kids! Oh, by the way, they (not me!) made omeletts in them the other day! They were these funny little egg balls! Tee Hee!

My kids like them, too. I buy muffin mixes and make muffin puffs. Maybe I should let my 9 yo use it. He could probably do better than me!

My kids love infomercials. My 4 yo thinks I need a Buxton organizer purse, and all 3 of my kids are dying to buy some Mighty Putty. I saw some by the checkout in the store the other day, and my husband had to distract the kids so they wouldn't see it! No telling what they would stick together with that stuff. My 9 yo would probably stick my 6 yo to my 4 yo!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 2:26 pm

We have infomercial issues around here too. My 5 yo is always coming upstairs and asking me if we can buy everything he sees on tv.
Back to top Go down
Rubi

Rubi

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:24 pm

Yes, Saturday morning is FILLED with "no, we don't need that! " and "no, we don't need that either!" They want things I've never heard of! Tee Hee! scratch
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 6:30 pm

What the freak is a pancake puff????????????????????? geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't waste your money
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Miscellaneous :: W for whateva!!-
Jump to: