Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Don't waste your money

Go down 
+6
Rubi
shawn
Backup_Bella
Edye
Don'tforget2breathe
Amy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shawn
Admin
shawn

Don't waste your money - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:35 pm

areumylifenow wrote:
What the freak is a pancake puff????????????????????? geek

It's this cast iron pan with 7 round indentions that you put pancake batter in. Kind of like a muffin pan for the stove top. They cook up in the shape of balls (if you learn the tricks of turning them).
Back to top Go down
Rubi

Rubi

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:06 pm

areumylifenow wrote:
What the freak is a pancake puff????????????????????? geek
Those were my exact words when they told me they wanted one! This phrase was repeated many times until they FINALLY got me to the TV in time to see the infomercial before it was over!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mytulipgarden.com
Belovedlady

Belovedlady

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Rubi, How much is the Laser treatments?

As for the waxing story that was too funny, I laughed out loud. Next time, you need to was your skin, the powder it with baby powder so the wax dosen't stick to your skin just your hair. Also the cold wax strips don't work, the wax needs to be thin, if it is to heavy it is hard to pull off and gets gooey. Also olive oil takes off wax so keep it close but the best way to get wax off is with wax. Take a used strip and press it to the stuck wax and pull quickly while trying to keep taught.
Back to top Go down
http://www.loveitlikeithateit.com
Rubi

Rubi

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 10:51 pm

Laser can get pretty pricey.... check around for the best price. The place I go is at a OB/GYN's office, where a friend of mine use to be a nurse at, that's how I found out about them. Most places do a per time price, but I paid for a package where I get 8 treatments, and then 6 months of touch-ups. The best deal around, by far. Also, I don't think I'd keep going if I didn't pay so much for it all! (I can get lazy that way!) I'm pretty sure you can make payments, you don't have to pay for it all up front. For legs it was $1200 (full leg) and I got a bikini with free armpits for I think 300??? I don't remember...everytime I went, I wanted something else done! Naked mole rat, I say! Razz The girl I go to always has some sort of special going, too. My friend works for Clear Touch, and they are expensive! Ask around...you'd be suprised at how many places do it you wouldn't think about! Let me know if I can assist you any further! If you are allergic, as I am, I can tell you what dose of Benadryl to take! lol!
Back to top Go down
Belovedlady

Belovedlady

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 12:12 am

Rubi wrote:
Laser can get pretty pricey.... check around for the best price. The place I go is at a OB/GYN's office, where a friend of mine use to be a nurse at, that's how I found out about them. Most places do a per time price, but I paid for a package where I get 8 treatments, and then 6 months of touch-ups. The best deal around, by far. Also, I don't think I'd keep going if I didn't pay so much for it all! (I can get lazy that way!) I'm pretty sure you can make payments, you don't have to pay for it all up front. For legs it was $1200 (full leg) and I got a bikini with free armpits for I think 300??? I don't remember...everytime I went, I wanted something else done! Naked mole rat, I say! Razz The girl I go to always has some sort of special going, too. My friend works for Clear Touch, and they are expensive! Ask around...you'd be suprised at how many places do it you wouldn't think about! Let me know if I can assist you any further! If you are allergic, as I am, I can tell you what dose of Benadryl to take! lol!

I would love any info. Where do you go? Is it in Utah county or SLC? I went to a Laser place by my gym and they want $10,000 for my legs, arms, pits, huhah, and lip. I felt it was too much since my sister got all that done in CA for under 5K. Any help would be great, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rubi

Rubi

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 12:21 pm

It's about 4500 south and 700 east in SLC. Her name is Jade, and the clinic is Old Farm OB/GYN. I got full leg, armpits, whoha for about 2500ish. She is always running some sort of special, so you really never have to pay full price for one or more areas! Let me know if you want her number...
She also does it in the eves, which is great for me since I have to Benadryl up...I go, get lasered, then come home and go nighty night!
I'm loving it!
Back to top Go down
Belovedlady

Belovedlady

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 1:40 pm

Wow that's alot better then the place I checked out, I would love her number. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 11:21 am

*****Alert*****

DO NOT - and I will say it again - DO NOT buy a Chevrolet Aveo. They are metal pieces of excrement that will only drain your bank account faster than a con man.

Don't even get me started..... if you are tempted by their cute appearance and their promise of great gas mileage just WALK AWAY FROM THE CAR AND BUY A HONDA!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Edye...I love you....you have such a wonderful way with words.
Back to top Go down
Rubi

Rubi

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Edye...
You make me giggle...and then I have to pee a little! If it makes you feel better...we just bought a new car a few months ago, and didn't even consider anything but a Honda! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whitford-kiwi-girl

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 11:06 pm

shawn wrote:
Ok. Here it is:

All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal - The Epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now...the wax. Read on.........

My night began as any other normal weeknight. Come home, fix dinner, play with the kids. I then had the thought that would ring painfully in my mind for the next few hours: "Maybe I should pull the waxing kit out of the medicine cabinet."

**the full story is on page 1 of this thread

sunny OMG!!! I'm a little slow on the back-reading but this story had me in fits of LAUGHTER! Tears of laughter! .. thanks for sharing it Shawn. It reminds me of the movie The Forty Year of Virgin.
Back to top Go down
shawn
Admin
shawn

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 6:58 pm

whitford-kiwi-girl wrote:
shawn wrote:
Ok. Here it is:

All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal - The Epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now...the wax. Read on.........

My night began as any other normal weeknight. Come home, fix dinner, play with the kids. I then had the thought that would ring painfully in my mind for the next few hours: "Maybe I should pull the waxing kit out of the medicine cabinet."

sunny OMG!!! I'm a little slow on the back-reading but this story had me in fits of LAUGHTER! Tears of laughter! .. thanks for sharing it Shawn. It reminds me of the movie The Forty Year of Virgin.

Yes! I thought of that movie, too. And my husband. He tried to see if it hurt to wax his leg one time. He ended up with one little bare patch and thanked God he is a man so he can have hairy legs!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:50 am

shawn wrote:
shawn wrote:
Ok. Here it is:

Yes! I thought of that movie, too. And my husband. He tried to see if it hurt to wax his leg one time. He ended up with one little bare patch and thanked God he is a man so he can have hairy legs!

LOL!!! Your poor hubby!! Does he know you just told everyone that story? I love it!!
Back to top Go down
shawn
Admin
shawn

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 4:53 pm

Amy wrote:
shawn wrote:
shawn wrote:
Ok. Here it is:

LOL!!! Your poor hubby!! Does he know you just told everyone that story? I love it!!

He doesn't know I told everyone here, but it is one of those funny stories we've told a lot. He laughs about it. My husband loves to be funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don't waste your money   Don't waste your money - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Don't waste your money
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Miscellaneous :: W for whateva!!-
Jump to: