Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Planning a Breaking Dawn party

Go down 
+3
Amy
areumylifenow
bite-me-edward
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bite-me-edward

Planning a Breaking Dawn party Empty
PostSubject: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 2:10 pm

Hi ladies, I have thrown a lot of parties in my day, but I have never thrown one for a release of a book. We have created a coven of about 20 or so crazed Twilight fans in my ward (through hard core peer pressure and threats of being left off the party invitee list!), and I'm trying to come up with some things to do at our Breaking Dawn party. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 3:30 pm

We 'my sis in laws and a few others' are going to the midnight release party at our local store and then going to a hotel to read for the weekend with no kids!!

WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 3:39 pm

That sounds fun. A bunch of us were fighting over who would get to dress up as each of the characters--I'm the obvious choice for Alice because of my hair style. Thank goodness if we do a dress up aspect to the party, the Cullens wear stylish clothes so we don't have to buy any goofy capes or fangs! I was thinking Twilight-inspired food--not really sure what...
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 9:07 pm

bite-me-edward wrote:
That sounds fun. A bunch of us were fighting over who would get to dress up as each of the characters--I'm the obvious choice for Alice because of my hair style. Thank goodness if we do a dress up aspect to the party, the Cullens wear stylish clothes so we don't have to buy any goofy capes or fangs! I was thinking Twilight-inspired food--not really sure what...

I just thought of apples!! Original huh, apples with caramel sauce would be tasty. Lasagna, cheerios, all very original and tasty. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 10:39 am

bite-me-edward wrote:

V-8 juice in Margarita glasses would be divine.

I would love to go to a party but since there are no ENORMOID vampires I will not be partaking in costuming. lol!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 12:20 pm

I don't have margarita glasses, but the ideas are starting to flow...

Any thoughts on activities? I was thinking of doing some debates, i.e. pros and cons of Jacob vs. Edward; whether Bella should become a vampire; least favorite and most favorite characters; hopes for Breaking Dawn, etc...
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Edye wrote:
bite-me-edward wrote:

V-8 juice in Margarita glasses would be divine.

I would love to go to a party but since there are no ENORMOID vampires I will not be partaking in costuming. lol!

I was thinking I could be a giant wolf. afro
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:13 pm

I FORGOT ABOUT THE WOLVES!!!!!

Hmmm... maybe I could be some new sort of wolf... the bigger the better!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Location : Bwahahaha.....fairly certain I could handle any cookies served up!!!! he he he!

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:48 pm

I LOOOOOVE the ideas! Keep them coming. I am helping the Barnes and Noble in Layton do a release party and we have LOTS of people coming so far! I am really getting excited!
Back to top Go down
https://stupidlambs.forumotion.com
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 6:52 pm

We (by we, I mean you, whoever knows how) should start a ticker counting down to the release.
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:09 pm

I think I will have a special guest werewolf appearance by my very own husband!! (He's a Paiute/Shoshone/Washo werewolf though.) Okay, so it is going to be at our house so it isn't like he would have to travel that far to make an appearance...maybe up the stairs if he is in the basement or down the stairs if he is up there.
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 8:57 am

I think a veggie dip bar would be fun and call everything names like irritable grizzly.
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:37 pm

I like the vegie dip bar idea!

Does anyone have any Twilight-inspired game ideas? I could provide Twilight-inspired prizes.
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 9:56 am

Admin wrote:
I LOOOOOVE the ideas! Keep them coming. I am helping the Barnes and Noble in Layton do a release party and we have LOTS of people coming so far! I am really getting excited!

DETAILS!!!!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:07 am

bite-me-edward wrote:

Does anyone have any Twilight-inspired game ideas? I could provide Twilight-inspired prizes.

I did an ENORMOUS Harry Potter party last year. I downloaded the font from the internet, and made book covers from all the books, and hung them around the room, with big silver stars hanging from the ceiling. I bought the house flag, and then we made a ton of Harry Potter food.

The thing that I did that would work for you too, was that I did a Harry Potter trivia game. You could do one for all three books! You could also put out a notice to your guests that you are going to do a prize for best costume too?

I heard that someone down here rented a silver volvo and a red 57 chevy truck and parked them in front of their house! How fun would that be!

Food ideas that came to mind were chicken enchilada's (Bella made them) or mushroom ravioli, garlic breadsticks and coke for sure...pop tarts..bottles of lemonade..and lasagna (the good stuff Esme buys from Port Angeles)...maybe make a fun sign in front of each thing that has the quote from the book where the character eats it, so your guests know why you chose it.....

Buy black and red disposable ware....have a black plastic or glass bowl with a pile of red apples in it for a centerpiece, black table cloth with a red ribbon runner. Maybe make some color copies of the fronts of each of the books and hang them around the room!

Oh! blow up a big picture of the family and hang it somewhere too!

Sorry...I was an event planner...so I get a little carried away.....
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 10:25 am

Okay.. so my friend calling destiny from Tm's told me about that party.
She works for a dentist and it was his wife who did that!!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 12:35 pm

areumylifenow wrote:
bite-me-edward wrote:

I did an ENORMOUS Harry Potter party last year. I downloaded the font from the internet, and made book covers from all the books, and hung them around the room, with big silver stars hanging from the ceiling. I bought the house flag, and then we made a ton of Harry Potter food.

The thing that I did that would work for you too, was that I did a Harry Potter trivia game. You could do one for all three books! You could also put out a notice to your guests that you are going to do a prize for best costume too?

I heard that someone down here rented a silver volvo and a red 57 chevy truck and parked them in front of their house! How fun would that be!

Food ideas that came to mind were chicken enchilada's (Bella made them) or mushroom ravioli, garlic breadsticks and coke for sure...pop tarts..bottles of lemonade..and lasagna (the good stuff Esme buys from Port Angeles)...maybe make a fun sign in front of each thing that has the quote from the book where the character eats it, so your guests know why you chose it.....

Buy black and red disposable ware....have a black plastic or glass bowl with a pile of red apples in it for a centerpiece, black table cloth with a red ribbon runner. Maybe make some color copies of the fronts of each of the books and hang them around the room!

Oh! blow up a big picture of the family and hang it somewhere too!

Sorry...I was an event planner...so I get a little carried away.....

These sound like great ideas! I was thinking of some things that are similar, and I was definitely thinking red and black!! Event planning sounds like a blast. Did you enjoy it?
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 1:37 pm

You can plan my events whenever ya wanna! That sounds like a blast!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Location : Bwahahaha.....fairly certain I could handle any cookies served up!!!! he he he!

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Jellybean wrote:
Okay.. so my friend calling destiny from Tm's told me about that party.
She works for a dentist and it was his wife who did that!!
What a SMALL world! That is AWESOME

O.k. ladies....my problem is THIS....I am currently planning 2 pretty big events.....

The first one is the Breaking Dawn release party that will be at the Barnes and Noble store in Layton. The manager said (in Feb) that I (we.....me and whoever) could help but that they wouldn't be making any plans until it was closer to Aug....so who knows how much they will let us help???)

The second one is the movie release in Dec.--this event is just becoming GIGANTIC! We have enough women to rent a theater plus a couple of rooms in the theater for activities, Twilight vendors, and food. We will obviously be doing a Twilight menu and Twilight activities....so my biggest problem is....what do I plan for which event? We will obviously want different activities at the different events. The movie is going to be a MUCH larger event than the book release. We already have plans for a photographer (one of the TM's hubbies who will put all the pics on cd and make it avail for like $2-3 for everyone)....the same TM has connections with the press...so there will be press coverage of it. Obviously...we will want to have some really neat stuff for this.

These events are both being planned on the TM.com....but b4 even knowing that you used to be an event planner Ruthann....I added you to the main committee (he he he....I just figured I could take you off if you weren't interested but wanted you to be on there if you WERE interested) What are your thoughts on this? Please let me know! I am getting really, REALLY excited!!!

and as far as the breaking dawn release countdown...let's see if this works....if so...I will put it in a more appropriate location!!

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgetserver.com/syndication/subscriber/InsertWidget.js?appId=4163ca81-9e71-4900-aa16-f96ffaf7fbf2"></script><noscript>Get the <a href="http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/countdown-clock">Countdown Clock</a> widget and many other <a href="http://www.widgetbox.com/galleryhome/">great free widgets</a> at <a href="http://www.widgetbox.com">Widgetbox</a>!</noscript>
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 3:18 pm

I would love to help in any way that I can, Tami. Just let me know.
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 3:27 pm

I am happy to help with whatever you need missie!

I was the Event Director at The 23rd Floor Event Center in the Wells Fargo Building Downtown. I worked up there for 2 years. I planned huge events, weddings, small business meetings...you name it! I had the greatest office....I miss it.....but when my hubby got his great job, I decided that it would be a great time to be a stay at home mum for a change.....

I did morning show segments for KUTV with Kate Burton, from Utah Brides, she was the Manager, and I helped her alot. Plus I was KUTV 2's planner and planned all their internal events....they are on the bottom floor.

So, let me know how I can help and I would be happy to lend a hand.....

I think for sure you need to mix it up, do different things for different events.

It would be so cool to design like a keepsake, movie ticket for the women that come....something really fun, maybe like a little take home goodie bag kind of thing...build that into the cost of the tickets....

Admin, just let me know which events you need help with, I am at your disposal! Wink
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 4:20 pm

RuthAnn,

I have no idea how much this cost, and it wouldn't have to be exactly like this, but several years ago I had the opportunity to perform in the first cast in a newly renovated theatre. As an opening night gift, the founders of the theatre gave each person involved with the show a brass key chain that was a duplicate of the show ticket. I know this isn't original by any means, but all of the keychains I have from shows are treasured mementos.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 4:55 pm

Thank you ladies! What excellent, fabulous ideas!!!

Edye and Ruthann...are you both o.k. if I formally put you on the planning list on TM's??

Ruthann...would you be willing to help head up a group planning the activites---possibly even for both events...so that we DO mix it up??? There will be a committee and you can work with several people for different ideas and we SHOULD be able to come up with enough different ideas for the 2 events.

Edye...would you be willing to be over or help with planning a little take home, keepsake, goodie bag type thing? WOW! I am getting very excited!!! More every second!

Any other Utah moms that are interested in helping....let me know and I will have you help wherever you want!!!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 5:52 pm

Man, I'm kinda wishing I lived a wee bit closer so I could be at your big parties!!
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 7:36 pm

I know.. me too!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planning a Breaking Dawn party   Planning a Breaking Dawn party Empty

Back to top Go down

Planning a Breaking Dawn party
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next