Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OK ladies, I'm Fat......

Go down 
+3
Amy
areumylifenow
Edye
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Edye

Edye

OK ladies, I'm Fat...... Empty
PostSubject: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 4:23 pm

Not that you didn't notice when we all met... but I seriously can't take it anymore. I can't afford a "personal trainer"
but am seriously considering LA Weight-loss.... in fact I have an appointment with them on Wednesday to discuss
the program. Do any of you have any experience with this particular program?

HELP!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 3:43 pm

I don't know about that particular program, but I know TONS of people that have lost TONS of weight on Weight Watchers. Including my sister in laws sister and her husband. They have both lost 65ish lbs in about 8 months! They look amazing. My brother and sis in law are on it too, and doing really well. My best friend lost about 30 lbs last year, and has kept it off.

I did WW too, back in the fall, and it is great. It is what I was following with my running and exercising before I got my trainer. I lost 12 lbs.

I only have 4 more sessions with him, and then I am on my own again. It is very expensive, pale and so we decided that since I am ok, we are going to just pay for my husband to keep going, as he isn't near his goal yet.

I know that they say if you actually join the program and attend the meetings the % of success is much higher than not attending the meetings and going it alone. I can completely agree with that. I know that being accountable to Garrett for just these 2 weeks, has kept us on track.

However, getting started is the first step so WAY TA GO ON DECIDING TO DO SOMETHING!!! WAHOOOOOO!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If I can help at all, I am here for ya!!! cheers I love you

I can give you all sorts of great snack ideas...I am a snack fiend.....that are low fat low cal and great taste!!!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 4:40 pm

Thanks so much! I just HAVE to do something. I have considered WW and haven't ruled it out completely. The ONLY issue is finding a meeting time that will fit in my hectic schedule. The WW's around here (Bountiful-Layton) don't have many meetings that I could make it to with my job and the Mo-Tab. BUT.... it is still a possibility.

THanks for the vote of confidence. I may be needing your advice sooner rather than later!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:43 pm

.....anytime! Wink
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 7:18 pm

Edye, I too am a fat mama.

But funnily enough I am a lifetime memberof WW which means I haven't always been fat.

Weight watchers is really fantastic. My sister in law are actually going back this Saturday to the Layton one. They have a start up meeting, around 9 I think but then their regular Saturday meeting is at 7:30 am and only lasts until 8am.

I truly have a Testimony of WW (totally kidding) sorry Elder Oaks he he

Anyway back on track..... My SIL and I were just talking about this today, how you have to have the meetings there is something about paying that money and going to the meetings that makes it work.

Also, the last time I went to my DR a couple of weeks ago he was writing me some prescriptions and I said"do you have any skinny pills in there" and He said YES I can write you a scrip. So anyway he put me on Phentrimine(sp) the Phen phen that didn't kill people and get banned. Anyway, longer story longer. I have been taking it for two weeks and 1 day and have lost 9 lbs. It gives me a ton of energy and the incentive to keep trying. Anyway, thats the story of the day. I think this is the longest post I have ever written. SORRY!!!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:05 pm

Yah, my brother in law suffered the side effects of the bad phen phen....SAD.....

He is the one that is on WW now. I really hope he does well....it scares me.....
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:22 pm

I toook the bad phen phen for about a week. It made me all Psycho!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:32 am

I didn't know there was a good Phen Phen. Are there meds that you CAN'T take along with it???
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:43 am

Me neither, I was really excited. When Phen Phen was the hot new thing, there were two pills you had to take. Well one of them caused the heart problems, but the other one (the one I am taking) is still available by prescription. My doc didn't say I couldn't take any thing else, I take anti-depressents too. I am really excited about it, I'm sure if I combine good eating and exercise with it, I should be able to shed some pounds pretty quickly. I just have so much to loose that I need a little headstart to keep me motivated.
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Try a Rock Star! HAHAHA! I love those things....the 0 cal ones....I admit it, I love them.....
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 4:54 pm

OK so I did it. I joined LA Weightloss. They said that I should be able to achieve my goal in **** COUGH, COUGH, SPIT, SPIT**** 75 weeks!!!

**fanning myself to keep from hyperventilating***

SO, I want to lose 150 pounds. I can't believe I am actually telling you all this information. I NEVER TELL ANYONE THIS KIND OF CRAP. Anyway, for the next two days I have to eat lots of protein and veggies and NO CARBS. That's right ladies, NO CARBS. BUT after that I can have some carbs again. I can even drink diet soda on this plan. This will be a lifesaver for me.

I can use my own food, which is VERY nice AND they also have some snack type stuff to help satisfy that chocolate attack. I will keep you posted on my progress.... I probably won't tell you what I weigh right now...... nope, not yet.

Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, k? I really wanna be here to raise my family and I REALLY do not want Type II Diabetes, like EVERY AUNT AND UNCLE OF MINE HAS!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 5:02 pm

I'm totally here for ya Edye, it's tough but worth it. I have 90 lbs to lose!!

The hardest part is getting started! Good for you!! cheers
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:49 pm

Sad Very Happy ...crying with joy.....

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!! cheers cheers cheers

WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

If you need anything, I am here for ya missie!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Thank you so very much! You all are my favorite!!!!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 1:35 pm

You can do it Edye!!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 4:35 pm

OK So I know it is mostly water.....

But when I went into the center today to get weighed, I lost 4.2 POUNDS YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gal at the center said that she hasn't ever had someone lose that much in their first day. I told her, "Honey, when you have this much to lose, it runs away at first..... it is the fat that has been there the longest that argues!"

I think she thinks I am nuts..... OH WAIT!!!! I AM!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:00 pm

I think being NUTS rocks! Congratulations Edye! You are definitely off to an extremely positive start!
Back to top Go down
dawn33

dawn33

Location : Getting familiar with all the Dark Hunters...mmmm. :)

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:53 pm

Edye wrote:
But when I went into the center today to get weighed, I lost 4.2 POUNDS YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay, Edye!!!! Congratulations!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wendytwo
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:12 pm

*Singing*....you rock, you rock, no more rolls!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 3:17 pm

8.5 pounds GONE!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 3:23 pm

OMH!!! That rocks, Edye, you are kicking some butt!!!
Back to top Go down
Edye

Edye

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 3:39 pm

Amy wrote:
OMH!!! That rocks, Edye, you are kicking some butt!!!

I know, I know.... it is mostly water. I just don't care. I am glad to be rid of 8.5 pounds of ANYTHING! Hopefully I will have a LOT LESS butt to kick over the next several months!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Water schmater!! Go to the meat department at wal-mart and find two 4 lb roasts and hold them in your hands. 8.5 lbs is a lot!! Be proud!!!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Go ahead Edye! You are AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 8:35 am

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

....you are my hero..... Very Happy cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK ladies, I'm Fat......   OK ladies, I'm Fat...... Empty

Back to top Go down

OK ladies, I'm Fat......
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stupid Lambs :: Special interests :: Nutrition and staying in Edward-licious shape!!!-
Jump to: