Stupid Lambs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Lambs

A friendly run forum for all things Twilight based on the best selling books by Stephenie Meyer

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HBO's New Series - John Adams

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bite-me-edward

HBO's New Series - John Adams Empty
PostSubject: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 2:02 pm

Has anyone seen HBO's new series John Adams? It is SO good. I feel like I have learned so much more about what really happened with the founding fathers watching this than I ever learned in school. I also have DRASTICALLY changed my opinion of Benjamin Franklin because of this show...me no likey Mr. Franklin.
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 10:43 am

I watched a special talking about this show it looked wonderful! I don't have HBO!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 11:07 am

When it eventually comes out on DVD, you should watch it. It is really awesome. I have so much respect for John Adams now. In my history classes in school, they just kinda glossed over him. Too bad. That guy is a rock star.
Back to top Go down
Backup_Bella

Backup_Bella

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 11:17 am

franklin was a drunk. They had to have people follow him around and keep him from blacking out drunk if i remember correctly
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 2:33 pm

We have been watching this and it is very good. I'm sure you already know this but it was based on a book, which I have sitting on my shelf, but haven't had time to read yet.

I no likey Mr. Frankie either, he's a dirty old man.

The only objection I have to this series, is the filming. Have you noticed that they film several scenes on an angle? For instance the people are upright but the back ground is on an angle. Every time that happens I tip my head to the side and DH laughs. He must love me.
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 2:35 pm

I hadn't noticed that about the filming, but I'm sure from now on, that is all I'm going to notice!! So many of the shots are set up to look like paintings which I think is really cool.

And yes, Ben Franklin is DIRTY. EWWW!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 2:59 pm

bite-me-edward wrote:
I hadn't noticed that about the filming, but I'm sure from now on, that is all I'm going to notice!! So many of the shots are set up to look like paintings which I think is really cool.

And yes, Ben Franklin is DIRTY. EWWW!

Sorry I've ruined it for you now!! It drives me nuts!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 5:04 pm

Nah, you haven't ruined it for me, but i will be paying closer attention to the camera angles!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 8:16 pm

did you see it? huh huh did you see the angled shots?
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:32 am

Yes, I saw the angled shots. They are a bit goofy!! I meant to reply back to you to let you know I had seen them, but then I forgot! I still love the series, even with the weird camera angles!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 8:10 am

I still love it too. But the first few episodes got on my nerves. But it is really good.
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 11:00 am

We watched Part 5 yesterday, now I feel like I'm drunk when I'm watching it!! They really did do some weird camera play in it.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 11:03 am

I know...I'm sorry! I really want to watch this series, but we DVR it and then try and watch it on Sunday nights around 10:30 and I have fallen asleep the last two weeks! Do you think it is a little boring...or should I just watch it earlier?
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 11:32 am

I don't find it boring, so I think you should probably watch it earlier. I'm in bed around 10:30!! I'm such a light weight!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 12:30 pm

Obviously I'm a light weight too.. I will try earlier.
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Okay, is this weird...I sorta have the hots for Thomas Jefferson. There is just something so appealing about him in the series...I'm a sicko...I'm lusting after one of our founding fathers!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Not a sicko....I'm picking up, what your putting down, with that one.
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 14, 2008 1:58 pm

He just has this quiet confidence that is SO DAMN HOT! Plus, he is very handsome!!
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 6:04 pm

Ugg...now I'm thinking about Thomas Jefferson all day long...along with Edward/Robert!
Back to top Go down
areumylifenow

areumylifenow

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 7:53 am

Have you read the book John Adams by David McCullough? It is on my 'must read this summer' list. My husband bought it, he is a history geek, and said it is one of the best he has read in a long time.

He was so touched by the love affair McCullough describes between Adams and his wife Abigail...it was tender.... I love you
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:30 am

areumylifenow wrote:
Have you read the book John Adams by David McCullough? It is on my 'must read this summer' list. My husband bought it, he is a history geek, and said it is one of the best he has read in a long time.

He was so touched by the love affair McCullough describes between Adams and his wife Abigail...it was tender.... I love you

I have the book, I just haven't had a chance to read it yet. (I'm a history geek too Very Happy ) Anyway, the movie depicts the love affair beautifully especially in the finale last night, it was really good.
Back to top Go down
bite-me-edward

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 6:29 pm

I definitely want to read the book. Okay, confession time, John Adams went from a rockstar in my eyes to a whiney, overly sensitive, insecure, stubborn mule. Ugg. I kinda feel bad for him. Anyway, I have not watched the final episode yet. And yes, he and his wife have an amazing relationship. He really depends on her and values her opinion. It seems a woman had a bit of influence when this country was formed!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Admin
Amy

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:19 pm

Bite-me, I totally agree and said basically the same thing to DH last night. He seems like a really negative, whiney, no one likes me, every body hates me, I guess I'll go eat worms, kind of guy by the end. But the movie rocked!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBO's New Series - John Adams   HBO's New Series - John Adams Empty

Back to top Go down

HBO's New Series - John Adams
Page 1 of 1